Posted by truthseeker411
What do the lonely do at Christmas?
That’s the question that the group, The Emotions ask in their unforgettable holiday song. Have you truly listened to the lyrics. That song is depressing! Don’t get me wrong it’s a nice song and I look forward to blasting it along with other Christmas Classics every year. Listening to it over and over would drive me insane! Click here to listen to the song……… http://youtu.be/rOn1gyor4mk
So here is my question…………Who said you had to be lonely for Christmas?
Many people will spend Christmas alone whether single, divorced, married. There are many reasons why people will be alone for Christmas but it doesn’t have to be a sad or depressing time. There are many things you can do to occupy your time during the holidays. The key is creating your own joy. Here is a list of things that you can do to make your holiday one to remember:
1. Break the normal holiday tradition and create your own tradition.
2. Consider an exotic island getaway-Bahamas, Jamaica, or Cancun.
3. Volunteer for a good cause-Shelters could always use the extra help. It would really warm your heart to help others.
4. Surround yourself with others that may be alone for Christmas and have a dinner party or go out and do something fun.
5. Indulge yourself in the things you like to do. Whether it is a cooking, watching movies, reading books, or creating something.
Don’t let the fact that you are alone, stop you from having fun on Christmas. There are many things that you could do by yourself on Christmas, that maybe will not be as much fun when done with someone. You never know, you may just have one of the best Christmases this year.
P.S. Whatever you do don’t listen to that song over and over! 🙂
Share your thoughts or comments.
Posted on December 20, 2011, in Love & Relationships, True Inspiration and tagged alone for christmas, alone for the holdiays, celebrating solo, Christmas, Christmas music, holidays, what do the lonely do at christmas. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.