It’s been a long time , shouldn’t have left you, without a strong rhyme to step to. ~Eric B & Rakim
Ok so maybe I’m not a lyrist, but I think that line is dope!
It has been such a long time since I have blogged. A lot has happened since I have graced you with a post. Let’s see where do I start…………First and foremost let me say I finished my dissertation….I am officially Dr. Truthseeker411. I had my final defense March 19, 2014 and graduated May 9, 2014. I will never forget those dates. That’s why I have been MIA. I had to buckle down and finish the big D. I made the decision back in August 2013 that I was graduating May 2014. I had to make that ish happen for my sanity. Therefore, blogging was pushed to the back burner. I really, really missed blogging during the time I was writing my dissertation.
You’re probably thinking what the hell have I been doing since then. Well after graduation I had surgery and then that turned into a nightmare. I ended up in the hospital for an infection. Arghh!!! I was there for about a week, and then I had to recover from that ish. After recovery, I thought I was ready to blog again. I was wrong, so so wrong. I tried writing and I just couldn’t. I even tried to start reading books again because I am such an avid reader…….Wrong again! What the hell is wrong with me, I thought. I finally figured out what was wrong with me. My body, mind, and soul needed a long break after long grueling nights at the computer reading, researching, and writing. Basically, I have been on sabbatical. Now it is a year later and I have been thinking I really miss blogging. One of my sister friends asked when was I going to start blogging. Actually more than one sister friend asked. I hear you ladies. It’s time to start again!
There is so much that has happened however, I can put it all in one blog post. Stay tuned!!
P.S. I really, really miss blogging!
Happy New Year Truthseeker Fans!!!!!
Since starting this blog in July 2011, I have definitely grown. I started under the name Truthseeker411 and later revealed my identity to family and friends. I changed the title and the layout of the blog. It was definitely a slow but fun start. I am grateful for the support of friends, family, and other people who have taken the time to read my rants and ramblings. As for 2012, my fan base has increased. I have more subscribers and that’s a good thing. I’ve had guest bloggers, won two awards, and established friendships with a few fellow bloggers. Twenty Twelve has been nice for The Truth About Dating. With that being said, here are the blog stats for 2012:
- The Truth About Dating was viewed 28,000 times in 2012
- There were 59 blog posts 2012. That brings the total to 91 posts.
- There were visitors from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Here are the Top 5 Posts written by Truthseeker of 2012….
- Friends With Benefits vs Cut Buddies http://wp.me/p1FYfJ-6b
- A Deadly Lie http://wp.me/p1FYfJ-p
- Questions Single Women (0ver 30) Love to Hate http://wp.me/p1FYfJ-9P
- Shades of Love http://wp.me/p1FYfJ-4k
- 10 Things Men and Women Lie About in Relationships http://wp.me/p1FYfJ-1g
Top 5 Posts written by other bloggers/guest bloggers that was shared on my site…….
- Six Different Types of 35 Year Old Men
- What Do Black Men Think of Black Women’s Natural Hair
- For the Love of Our Black Sisters
- Forbidden Love: Interracial Relationships
- Seven Different Types of 35 Year Old Women
My vision for 2012 was to:
- Increase my fan base…..mission accomplished
- Have a few guest bloggers………mission accomplished
- Get more feedback or comments……a work in progress
- Start Date Night Chronicles (Real dating experiences)…….mission accomplished
- Have over 100 posts by the end of 2012…….Almost….91 posts
My vision for 2013…..
- Continue to increase my fan base
- Get more feedback and comments (establish a community)
- Have over 150 posts by the end of 2013
- Start an Ask Peter Black Column
Twenty Twelve was amazing!! Let’s make Twenty Thirteen more amazing!!
Which post did you like the best? Which post do you think should have made it to the Top 5? What are your plans for 2013?